As the days shorten and the trees don their golden hues, Stihl is there for busy gardeners, helping them prepare for autumn with its ‘biggest ever chainsaw promotion’. The promotion kicks-off this month until 18th December with a range of free product offers that will help make chopping firewood and garden maintenance a breeze.
Included in Stihl’s ‘biggest ever chainsaw promotion’ is the Stihl MS 170 chainsaw. The MS 170 is a leading entry-level saw and the perfect partner for cutting firewood and basic construction. Boasting a Stihl 2-MIX engine for lower fuel consumption and a light weight of only 4.1kg, this saw is one of Stihl’s most popular models.
The MS 170 has a RRP of £179.00 (Bar length 12″/30cm).
For an even more powerful gardening partner, the MS 251C-BE ticks all of the boxes. Like the MS 181 C-BE it boasts the ErgoStart system and Chain Quick Tensioning – features that make it ideal for private users, farmers or landscapers who want a commanding saw which is easy to maintain. The machine also offers excellent control properties and very low vibrations for extended use in comfort.
The MS 251 C-BE has a RRP of £585.00 (Bar length 18″/45cm).
Stihl’s ‘Biggest ever chainsaw promotion’ gifts customers with premium chainsaw accessories, free of charge, when they purchase one of a selection of Stihl chainsaws. See details of the promotion below:
Promotion 1 (offer worth over £30)
Buy any MS 170, MS 171, MS 180, MS 181 Stihl chainsaw and receive free of charge the following accessories:
- 1ltr MotoMix – a premixed fuel which has been especially developed for Stihl’s 2-stroke power tools, making sure your machines will perform better for longer
- 1ltr ForestPlus – a reliable chain lubrication made of high-quality mineral oils that ensures no resin build up (even during prolonged down times)
- HANDYCUT folding saw 16cm – folding saw that quickly and precisely cuts branches up to 5cm in diameter
Promotion 2 (offer worth over £110)
Buy any MS 211, MS 231 or MS 251 STIHL chainsaw and receive free of charge the following accessories:
- 1ltr MotoMix®
- 1ltr ForestPlus
+ EXTREME bypass lopping shears – 83cm shears for cutting tough branches
+ Wood moisture gauge – an easy-to-use, battery operated wood moisture gauge, ideal for checking moisture in logs for burning
Stihl strongly recommends the use of appropriate PPE when using any chainsaw or garden power tool. Stihl and Viking dealers offer a wide range of protective equipment and are happy to chat to customers about correct chainsaw use.
Stihl’s arborist expert and Stihl Timbersports GB team member, Chris Pratt, gives his top chainsaw tips.
1) Read the safety manual and make sure your saw’s safety features are working correctly
2) Ensure your chain is sharp
3) Make sure you are wearing the correct personal protective equipment
4) Always move as close to the log as it is safe to do so when cutting
5) If you are cutting lengths of firewood, a saw horse is a wise investment and will hold the wood safely and at a good height