GreenBlue Urban is launching the next generation of RootSpace® system, the most innovative soil cell in the industry. It is essentially a pavement support system, designed for maximum soil and rooting volume, to be ‘utility friendly’, with economic freight and industry-leading strength characteristics.
RootSpace Generation 2 features the following improvements:
- New 400mm high version to enable a wider range of tree pit depths – now five different height configurations
- Faster, simpler and easier assembly process
- Further increase the load bearing capacity
- Enable easy re-excavation for maintenance of utilities
Full structural capabilities are available but by way of an example, the following table uses a 4.5t wheel load on different RootSpace configurations – this is based on a typical macadam/asphalt type road construction and a standard GBU tree pit specification.
|RootSpace configuration||Height||Subbase DTp Type 1 depth||Macadam depth *||Total depth|
|400 + 400||875mm||300mm||150mm||450mm|
|400 + 600||1075mm||325mm||150mm||475mm|
|600 + 600||1275mm||325mm||150mm||475mm|
* Total depth of bound bituminous layers (Minimum construction depths for a full range of wheel loads are available separately)
With GreenBlue Urban’s latest installation video and product overview guide, there is an abundance of data to support the world leading soil cell to assist with specification and installation.