Forestry Commission England are offering free support to businesses in relation to a new suite of grants for 2015.
The grants that will be of most obvious interest are for kit (timber harvesting, extraction and primary processing equipment), but also in scope is storage, tracks and hard standing, specialist timber and woodfuel haulage, venison processing, training, business support, and advisory services.
Capital grants may also be available for schemes which demonstrate economic growth through such areas as resource management, soil, air and water quality improvement and adding value through supply chain development.
The Forestry Commission is offering free support to forestry businesses with an idea to expand their business but struggle to pull the necessary paperwork together. This support, provided by a consortium of forestry initiatives and specialists throughout England, will help with business planning, financial forecasting, legal agreements, identify the right technical solutions and the best fit grant.
Experience from previous rounds of these European Rural Development Grants shows that it will be important for businesses to have good quality “oven ready” applications in time for the official opening in January 2015.
FCE are encouraging businesses are urged to register their interest as soon as possible. Please choose from the appropriate regional contact below.
- East England: Corinne Meakins firstname.lastname@example.org 01842 819089
- East Midlands: David Bole email@example.com 07712 750549
- South East: Matthew Woodcock firstname.lastname@example.org 01483 326210
- South West: Mark Prior email@example.com 01392 834260
- West Midlands: Simon West firstname.lastname@example.org 01905 532212
- North West: Penny Oliver email@example.com 01524 565805
- Yorkshire & the North East firstname.lastname@example.org 07831 216024