Click here or Search Arb Show 2018 in your app store to download the App.
This year will see a celebration of 20 years of the Arb Show with a feast of activities for all ages and interests.
The Arb Association have a fantastic line up of Exhibitors for the anniversary event, stands sold out in record time. Without our Exhibitors we wouldn’t have made it to 20 so please support them by visiting all the stands.
Download the app for a full timetable of all the activities and demonstrations, along with a sitemap and a list of exhibitors listed by A-Z and by product category, to help you navigate our jam-packed showground. You can also view the timetable here.
As you enter the new site you’ll find the all-important refreshments, and bar provided by local Gloucestershire favourites Stroud Brewery nearby; along with plenty of food options.
Make sure you pay us a visit at Arboricultural Association HQ to the next to the giant video screen.
On the other side, you’ll find our main sponsor STIHL returning with their fantastic demo arena, presenting a host of the latest professional product range including some exciting new additions.
Once you’ve enjoyed everything the ARB Show has to offer there’s still loads to do. Make sure you have enough time to fit in a stroll around the spectacular arboretum, with its 145 champion trees and the award-winning STIHL Treetop Walkway.
This is the ideal chance for professionals to discover the latest tools and kit with a host of industry suppliers in attendance; while members of the public can enjoy an educational and entertaining day out. Thank you for joining us to celebrate this special anniversary event; enjoy yourselves and here’s to another 20!
To help you get the most out of the 20th ARB Show, here’s our top 10 attractions in no particular order…
- Enjoy the 3ATC UK Open Climbing Competitions. Head over to the magnificent cedars and watch climbers across 3 skill categories competing throughout the day. Support from the crowd is always appreciated!
- Head over to the STIHL Demo Arena – the Sponsor of the ARB Show for the 14th year running are once again pulling out all the stops with a brilliant range of demos and new products. There’s award winning chainsaw carving and for our 20th they’ve brought the STIHL on Tour mobile showroom where STIHL product experts will provide you with advice and top tips throughout the show.
- Lumberjack Sports Arena – Watch the thrilling displays from the Welsh Axemen. These skilled chainsaw operators are putting on 2 jaw dropping shows each day. The performances display original lumberjack skills alongside modern techniques and include the man vs machine, standing block race and springboard tree climb challenges.
- Arborists Workshop and Tree Climbers Forum – Sharing ideas and tips is key to advancing your knowledge and improving your skills. As one of the most dangerous trades, safety is crucial and The Arborist Workshop sponsored by STIHL is your key to getting up to date with everything safety related. The Tree Climbers Forum is the ideal place for arborists to get together and discuss ideas and get advice on everything related to tree work at height.
- Climbing for all ages – Don’t think you’re ready for competitive climbing? Have a go at some recreational tree climbing instead, with the Climbing Wall for all ages or the Kids’ Tree Climbing and Zip Wire. Last year 150 kids enjoyed climbing activities and there’s the added bonus of Ivors Ice Cream truck nearby.
- Grab some refreshments and watch TV – Head over to the Stroud Brewery Bar and grab yourself a beverage. This year we’ve got some fantastic ARB Show Ale and Cider named by show visitors. This year you can enjoy a pint of 2-Stroke Ale, we’ll leave you to find out the name of the cider for yourself… While you’re taking a break, grab some food or sit down and watch the big video screen.
- Lantra Arena – the awarding body for land-based and environmental training are putting on an array of practical demos between 10am and 4pm every day. Head over their stand to learn about everything from tensions and compression cuts to work positioning and Single Rope Technique.
- The Ancient Tree Forum will be hosting several talks throughout the show promoting best management and conservation practice. Make sure you visit their stand to find out what’s on and you might even meet the legend that is Ted Green.
- Have a go at the Knot Tying and Throwline Competitions – There’s some great prizes to be won in the Throwline competition sponsored by Gustharts, see if you’re aim is up to the challenge. The Arborists Working Group (AWG) Knot Tying Competition is always hotly contested, will last year’s incredible record of 5 knots in 17.09 seconds prove as hard to beat as Usain Bolts 100m record? See for yourself.
- Come and meet the Arboricultural Association – Say hello to the organisers of the ARB Show and find out what’s going on at the arboriculture industry’s’ professional body. Find out everything on offer; buy a book or two, find out about training, membership or accreditations, meet the ISA, enter the prize draw to win a brand-new STIHL chainsaw, or just log in to the free visitor wi-fi.